Parts Information: Lock Ring
- The bearing cap is removable.
- Tighten the castle nut snug, but not tight.
- Place the lock ring on the castle nut and rotate it to get clearance to the keyhole.
- Insert the Cotter key and bend it back.
- Tap the bearing caps back into place.
The Spindle is a 3/4 spindle.
The castle nut is a 3/4 castle nut.
The lock ring needs to fit the castle nut.
If your kit includes a 3/4 D washer, replace the other washer behind the castle nut.
Make sure you can see evidence of the bearings having been lubricated.
You will likely need to buy two bearing caps also – they are 1.98 bearing caps.