When it comes to your car tow dolly, there are plenty of accessories that are essential for traveling. While many car tow dolly parts will last for years and years, it’s important to know which products are important to have on hand, in case of an emergency.
If you’re ready to become more familiar with your car tow dolly, and the accessories that keep it your vehicle secure, let’s take a look at some of our tow dolly accessories and parts.
Back up Tow Dolly Accessories
On the road, it’s never a bad idea to be prepared. While we hope for the best, sometimes our tow dollies are exposed to a little wear and tear which could harm your current dolly. That, coupled with uneven terrain, means it’s best to be prepared for anything.
It’s always safe to have a few backup tow dolly accessories for long-distance traveling, just in case you encounter the unexpected. The most essential tow dolly accessories are:
- An extra set of tow dolly straps
- Straps can become damaged from abrasion on suspension components, which means your car may not be as secure as it should be. Having an extra set of tow dolly straps will bring you peace of mind, and make sure you can hit the open road without safety concerns.
- Spare Tires
- Some terrain isn’t flat and clear, so if a nail or unknown item were to puncture your tire, you’d be in a difficult position. Carrying an extra set of tires is never a bad idea, so you can fix the problem quickly. 10 Ply “ E “ rated tires would be an order item for every tire store.
- An extra set of Safety Chains
- Safety chains are what connect your car tow dolly to your RV, so having a backup set of safety chains guarantees road trip safety.
- A Ratchet Wrench for Adjusting Winches
- Being able to tighten your winches while on the road is a great way to double-check your car tow dolly’s security while you’re traveling.
Long Term Part Replacement
After a long period of time, your brake pads can get worn down, or your tail lights could burn out. In these instances, the following car tow dolly accessories are perfect for maintaining your tow dolly.
- Replacement Brake Caliper with Pads
- Just like your car, tow dolly brakes need replacing after a period of time. Brand new brake calipers with pads are great long term maintenance fix and accessory.
- Hub & Rotor Set
- Brake Pads
- 6 inch LED Lights w/ Grommets
- Replacement Disc Brake Actuator
When is it time to Replace My Car Tow Dolly Accessories?
While not all accessories need frequent maintenance or replacement, it’s a good idea to inspect your tow dolly every time you stop on a long-distance road trip. You’ll be able to monitor any frays or wear and tear on your tow dolly, and keep everything running smoothly for your next road trip.